The Blessed Sacrament Council of Catholic Women (BSCCW) supports, empowers, and educates Catholic women in spirituality, service and leadership. BSCCW programs and activities respond, with Gospel values, to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world. BSCCW is a group dedicated to the unification of all women in religious, social, and service activities for the glory of God to assist our pastor in spiritual and material undertakings for the welfare of our parish.
WHO WE ARE
Membership is open to any Catholic woman in good standing. When you join us, you also become a member of the Orlando Diocesan Council of Catholic Women (ODCCW), Northern Deanery (NDCCW), and the National Council of Catholic Women (NCCW). NCCW is a nationwide organization with over 5,000 affiliations representing millions of Catholic women.
We hold general membership meetings the 3rd Tuesday of the month, September through May, at 11 :00 a.m. in the social hall followed by lunch. For those unable to attend the daytime meeting, we now have an Evening Circle on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the Adult Ministry Building. Annual Membership Fee: $10
WHAT WE DO
• Provide a variety of programs, projects and services enabling each member to lead or participate as she chooses.
• Maintain an atmosphere of service, leadership, spirituality and sociability.
• Participate in projects supported and promoted by the BSCCW.
WHAT WE OFFER
To be of service to our parish and our community through charitable works and fundraising activities.
We collaborate with ODCCW, FCCW, NCCW, NDCCW and Catholic Charities through conferences, conventions, state programs and leadership workshops.
We collaborate with programs both domestic and international with Catholic Relief Services.
Offer financial support to a BSCC seminarian.
Participate in ecumenical events with other local churches, like People of Faith and World Day of Prayer.
Provide beautiful blankets, dresses, britches, bibs, and any other item requested for those in need in our community (through Head Start, Lake Hills School, nursing and rehabilitation centers, JMJ Pregnancy Center) and to our mission church in Uganda.
A sisterhood that provides support to each other, especially in time of need.
HOW WE WORK
Blessed Sacrament Council of Catholic Women carries out their mission through the work of three commissions in conjunction with the NCCW. We also have a Legislative committee and other committees to serve the needs of our Parish and community.
• The SPIRITUALITY commission reinforces faith and supports service to the Church and to the world through discipleship and spiritual growth. We promote programs to create a community of God’s people who are educated and dynamic in their faith.
• The LEADERSHIP commission gives support to the membership through public relations, training, sound organization methods and personal leadership development.
• The SERVICE commission involves members in answering the needs of our own communities in programs that affect the lives and well being of all.
• The LEGISLATIVE committee provides information about legislative issues, social justice initiatives and encourages involvement to ensure social responsibility.