The mission of Safe Environment Training and Fingerprinting is to prevent abuse of children and vulnerable persons through education and awareness. The Diocese of Orlando is committed to protecting all children and vulnerable persons.
Safe Environment Training & Fingerprinting Instructions and Registration
Please complete both steps to finish Safe Environment Training and Fingerprinting Registration
1. Safe Environment Training
- Safe Environment Training must be completed every 5 years. This includes watching a training video, taking a quiz, and being fingerprinted.
- To start the training you must must register (see the red button on this page). A unique email address is required to register. If you don’t have an email address, obtain one from a free service such as Gmail or Yahoo.
- Quiz results are sent directly to staff from the Diocese of Orlando Human Resources Office, and they notify your affiliated parish, school or organization of the results.
2. Fingerprint Registration
- Once you have passed the quiz, you can register for fingerprinting by going to the fingerprinting registration site and entering the appropriate code as listed below:
- This code is only used for volunteers at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Clermont. If you are registering for another entity of the Diocese of Orlando, or need to register in a capacity other than “volunteer”, please contact the parish office.
Note: The fingerprinting registration will not work on a mobile device or tablet. Please use a PC or laptop when registering. If you experience difficulties, try switching browsers.
The Diocese of Orlando is required by the United States Catholic Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) to follow certain guidelines with regard to Safe Environment Training. As are all other archdioceses and dioceses, we are required to undergo regular audits by the USCCB to be sure that we are in compliance with those regulations.
All church personnel and volunteers working with children and vulnerable populations must complete Safe Environment Training in addition to a background/fingerprint clearance.
In an effort to ensure the safety of those persons under the care of the Diocese, all Church Personnel and volunteers, ages 15 and older, will be required to submit a completed Criminal Background Check Form as well as a complete set of fingerprints so as to facilitate a criminal background investigation.