Pope Francis encourages us to “build our lives on the essentials…” Our parish strives to do just that through our ministries, but we are only the starting point. Being Catholic means being part of a larger family of faith. Because we are all one in Christ, it is only right that we help His work to flourish in our neighboring communities. Our Catholic Appeal mobilizes our entire diocesan family to support ministries that benefit far more people than we could ever reach alone.
How your gift to Our Catholic Appeal helps others
Your gifts to Our Catholic Appeal are the sole source of funding for 28 ministries that benefit every parish, mission and school in our diocese. In addition, your gifts provide critical support for outreach programs such as Catholic Charities of Central Florida, Hope CommUnity Center, and our schools in the Diocese of San Juan de la Maguana in the Dominican Republic.
Because of your generosity, we are able to:
- support 35 seminarians in their formation
- Provide food, medical care and housing to those in need
- organize spiritual enrichment opportunities for both the lay community and our clergy
- train parish catechists and certify new lay ecclesial ministers
- evangelize through diocesan-wide media
- meet with elected officials to discuss issues that affect all people, Catholic and non-Catholic alike